The XL Woo Adjustable Rig Combo covers the full cooker from down inside the fire ring to high in the dome. It provides the greatest flexibility for small to big cooks in the XL egg®.
|Check out the video. The set-up will be your favorite when barbequing on one grid.|
Simply, the XL Rig, 17.5" Stone, 18" Drip Pan and 20" Grid is the best indirect (bbq) set-up in the market today. Nothing matches it for flexibility and performance - any ceramic cooker, any size. We'll put it up against any set-up on the market. The set-up opens up the cooker for airflow, provides easy acces to the lump and produces consistent temperatures over the grid.
It's a long list but here is What the Combo can do: (includes optional 2nd Grid and Required Slide Guide)
- add one, two or three grids to grill;
- add one, two or three grids to barbeque;
- set the Rig and grid on the fire ring for raised grid grilling;
- push a stone high in the dome, ideal position for pizza; use Woo/grid under Rig;
- push a grid high in the dome, great for high temperature cooks; use Woo/grid under Rig;
- add veggies or another meat (ribs, sausage) on the back end of the long brisket or butt cook;
- roast steaks before or after a sear on a raised grid;
- slide the lower grid in and out when grilling 2 grids on the Rig, lower grid at the felt line;
- grill or barbeque Thanksgiving turkey;
- raise the 24" egg® grid near the felt line to grill;
- raise the 24" egg® near the felt line to barbeque;
- hold a stone to create an indirect set-up to barbeque, 17.5" Ceramic Stone recommended;
- set the 24"egg® grid and XL Adjustable Rig on top for expanded capabilities;
- Hold a 14" - 18" cast iron grid on the lower ring to sear close to the lump;
- hold a 16" or 19" Wok for Asian flair;
- set-up with two stones for pizza;
Typical bbq capacities are 6-8 pork butts, 3-4 briskets/flats, 6-9 full racks of ribs, 6 full salmon fillets, 1 or 2 big pizzas, multiple chickens or a bunch of chicken parts.
This Combo is our most popular XL Combo. If you plan to do a bunch of ribs or multiple grid cooks, we recommend adding the Optional 2nd Cooking Grid and Required Slide Guide for 2nd Grid
What's in the Combo:
- XL Woo: XL Woo sits directly on the fire ring.
- Rig Platform: XL Adjustable Rig with Pair Crossbars. The Rig sits directly on the fire ring or atop the XL Woo & 24" egg® grid. The Crossbars hold items inside the Rig.
- Cooking Grid: The 16"x20" Oval Stainless Grid fits inside and slides in/out of the Rig. It fits on top of the Rig too.
- Indirect Piece: 17.5" Round Ceramic Stone fits the XL Woo and XL Rig;
What you can add:
- Optional 2nd Grid: 20" Round or 16"x20" Oval Stainless Grid; 20" round is preferred by most as it provides more grid area for cooks atop the XL Rig; The 16"x20" is an alternative choice if you need to rotate grids on the XL Rig;
- Required Slide Guide for Optional 2nd Grid: The Slide Guide makes it easy to slide the 16"x20" Oval Grid in and out of the XL Rig. It works on the Rig's two lower notch settings
Fabricated using Stainless steel components. Made in the USA exclusively by/for CGS.